Transportation Network Design Manager
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
BASE SALARY: $90,000-$95,000
The Network & Transportation Design team is looking to add a Manager to their group. This person will apply quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions and support operational initiatives while leading a team of analysts and engineers.
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project, and get buy-in for project methodology
- Scope high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Additional modeling efforts will include a focus on custom logistics solutions such as interleaving stops at suppliers and customers on line haul routes as well as evaluating the impact of adding a new consolidation point.
- Building a nationwide carrier portfolio optimization model to determine the most efficient and profitable distribution of volume.
- Analyzing the optimal way to handle cross border shipments into Canada and design the European network keeping in mind supplier sourcing, demand growth, and multi-country transportation and regulations.
- At least 5+ years of experience in an analytical/consulting role preferably with supply chain or logistics experience
- Degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Experience with one or more of the following: TMW, Llamasoft, JDA Transportation Modeler, Tableau, CubeMaster
- Previous experience executing on analytical projects and presenting business cases to senior leadership
- Experience working within large datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic