The Customer Account Specialist is responsible for interfacing with customers prior to and after the sale to ensure the project is completed per customer requirements. Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers phone calls and emails from potential and current customers. Ensures prompt response to meet the customer needs.
- Analyzes customer inquiries to determine needs. Prepares quotes for projects using standard pricing sheet and prepares job orders. Maintains customer name and address database.
- Prepares to onboard new business. Meets with customer to plan out a test date and a “Go Live” date within 90 days of sale.
- Develops list of items needed for project such as marketing materials, promotional images, etc.
- Works with the Marketing department to design literature or outsources item if needed.
- Updates system to ensure each job order has the required special mailings if applicable.
- Coordinates with other departments such as IT, Printing, Inserting, Pre-sort, Billing, etc. to ensure smooth processing of order. Plans out and communicates project work schedule to ensure appropriate staffing levels. Sends project details to Customer Service Manager for review and approval.
- Receives Data, PDF’s, CSV’s. Proofs to ensure accurate and that proposed changes are made.
- Resolves customer complaints regarding production scheduling, shipping, or invoicing problems.
- Following-up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates
- Checking shipping orders to ensure they are accurate with regards to quantity shipped
- Specifying if special labeling is required for shipment; supplies to the shipping department as needed