Director II - Dedicated Transportation
Base Salary: $180k - $210k
This position is responsible for managing a dedicated, asset-based, transportation account. The role has accountability for fleet operations, driver safety, commercial activities, asset management and other various initiatives in support of the strategic plan. The individual will function as a liaison between the organization and client; managing a complex customer relationship and identifying value-added services that match customer needs. The position drives long range plans for customer sites to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations, while maximizing profits.
- Lead the development and execution of account strategy that follow best practices to ensure the account meets (or exceeds) operational standards for safety, quality, productivity, cost, delivery, customer satisfaction, financial and various other KPI’s.
- Develop and manage KPI’s, dashboards and other applicable reporting and analytics to drive continual process improvement within the network; leverage existing IT platforms (i.e. TMW, PeopleNet, MercuryGate, Unify, etc.)
- Maintain proper P&L management, to include capital expenditures, budgeting/forecasting and partner with procurement where needed to ensure the most cost-effective measures are taken.
- Enforce compliance to (and establish where needed) SOP’s in the areas of carrier selection, load tender, driver routing/dispatch, fuel and materials usage, fleet capacity planning, driver safety/training and various other process areas.
- Participate in account-related business development initiatives, including but not limited to, solution design, pricing/rate development and applicable negotiations.
- Facilitate routine communications to both internal stakeholders and customer such as Quarterly Business Reviews, KPI status and other strategic initiatives.
- Lead a diverse team, offering applicable coaching & mentoring and champion employee engagement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study or equivalent years of experience required. Equivalent years of experience is defined as one year of professional experience for every year of college requested.
- Minimum of 5 years experiences in asset-based transportation operations management or combined freight management required.
- Functional knowledge of applicable laws & regulations (i.e. DOT, FMCA, etc.) required.
- Proficient with transportation software (e. TMW, MercuryGate, PeopleNet or similar software).
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, & Word with strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to communication (verbally & written) and present information professionally.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet specific goals and deadlines.
- This position is expected to travel approximately 45%