This position is responsible for leading the Site(s) financial organization in all financial aspects as well as serving as a business partner and member of the site leadership team. This includes implementation and direction of financial controls, policies, and practices, keeping aging A/R to a minimum, early identification of cost variances and for recommendation and implementation of plans to reduce or eliminate waste as well as regular monitoring of the health of the company through adept use of Excel and other reports.
This leader will ensure and support a culture of controls and compliance with US and Local Mexican GAAP, as well CONFIDENTIAL and US local legal rules and procedures, to include Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
1. Direct finance and accounting functions including general accounting, cost accounting, financial planning and analysis, payroll, A/P, and AR dispute administration
2. Determine the financial information requirements of the site and synchronize the CONFIDENTIAL needs
3. Direct and manage the annual financial planning/budgeting, and forecasting process to ensure timely monthly forecasting, and annual Op Plan and Budget
4. Serve as business partner to support initiatives and make recommendations concerning business operations and resource allocation to improve financial performance and support operational excellence
5. Oversees the preparation of financial reporting, consolidations, planning and analysis activities and is accountable for timely preparation of meaningful financial and managerial financial reports and analysis that accurately reflect the financial position of reporting entities. Includes variance analysis, margin forecasting, restructuring initiatives and productivity improvement goals
6. Ensures integrity of all compliance, internal and external reporting and coordination with CONFIDENTIAL financial organizations and in line with US-GAAP and Mexican-GAAP and local legal requirements. Drives Sarbanes-Oxley planning, coordination, site reviews and testing while working in conjunction with CONFIDENTIAL Industries Internal Audit, internal auditors and external auditors
7. Assess current talent and determine staffing levels and strategic plans for talent development and succession planning
8. Develops and/or administers functional objectives, operating policies and procedures, budget and strategic action plans for achieving goals
9. Provides leadership and motivation by establishing clear objectives, communicating specific performance feedback, and giving timely and thorough performance reviews (PFP)
10. Drive continuous improvement in terms of cost of finance as well as performance level. Meet yearly budget/forecast goals in quantitative measures
11. Build strong accounting support team