|The Senior Financial Analyst position will be responsible for supporting management in a Fortune 500 Finance Department. The successful candidate will lead processes to include the development of planning, evaluation and assessment of corporate initiatives and analysis and proposal of strategic alternatives to enhance 's market position, provide actionable competitive analysis and facilitate tactical decision-making, periodic and ad-hoc analysis and reporting.
- A Masters in Business Administration (MBA) is preferred for this position.
- Experience in a corporate finance department within a Fortune 500 Company or consulting firm experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or a MBA is required.
- A minimum of 3 (three) years of finance/accounting/business experience.
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Excel such as working with formulas, data tables, pivot Charts, queries, custom functions, data management, analysis, and developing financial reports.
- Knowledge of SQL, 's financial systems or Field Operations is a plus.
- Candidate must possess strong problem solving skills and technical abilities.
Two to five years of post MBA experience preferred.
Support Management on monthly financial close process, to include:
- Management and development of key monthly reports
- Manage and perform activities related to the monthly close process
- Develop forecasts and annual plan for the cost centers.
- Collaborate with leadership to prepare strategy and business cases
- Develop short term and long term strategies to improve profitability of company assets.
- Ad hoc analysis on various initiatives, guided towards improving the bottom-line and the company's return
- Provide financial and analytical support for projects requested by Senior Management
Perform ad-hoc analysis, metric reporting to include:
- Prepare invoices, journal entries, account reconciliations, etc.
- Review of P and Ls to ensure appropriate accounting at the location level
- Analysis of monthly and YTD operations performance to explain budget, forecast and prior year variances.Support the FFM in recurring financial reporting, including:
- Forecasting Business Plan development
- A/R collections
- Work as a liaison between vendors and shared service center to resolve payables issues
- Tracking of margin improvement initiatives
- Completion of monthly operating scorecard
- Analytical support for executive level presentations