||The Senior Manager in Corporate Accounting performs a broad range of corporate accounting functions. This role will be primarily responsible for the review of the company's SEC filings and assessment of new or complex accounting issues arising from both business transactions and the implementation of new accounting pronouncements. This position will play an essential part in ensuring the accuracy of the company's external financial reporting. The individual selected for this position will interact with all levels of management, ensure timely and accurate reporting and assist with multiple financial projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- CPA required.
- Minimum 7 years experience in public accounting.
- Prior experience with the Big 4.
- Extensive technical knowledge of SEC regulations and GAAP
- Excellent analytical communication,organizational and research skills, ability to interact with senior management, ability to manage multiple projects.
- Lead the implementation and documentation of new accounting technical literature and SEC regulations.
- Maintain state-of-the-art awareness of accounting and financial reporting rules as well as a working knowledge of SEC disclosure and reporting requirements. Assess the impact of proposed accounting literature on the business as well as accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Prepare documentation of significant accounting matters and/or accounting positions that will be communicated with external auditors.
- Provide accounting guidance for all corporate transactions and initiatives.
- Respond to technical accounting inquiries from field operators, finance staff and external auditors.
- Communicate internal accounting policies and accounting updates to finance organization and external auditors.
- Manage the SEC reporting process including preparation and review of the Form 10-K and Form 10-Q and related requirements with a focus on accuracy and continuous improvement. Provide management with recommendations or comments to ensure compliance with accounting standards.
- Manage the preparation and review of the press release, financial tables and external presentations.
- Lead the preparation and documentation surrounding Ryder’s annual goodwill impairment testing.
- Collaborate with Treasury, Investor Relations, Tax, Legal and Corporate Communication functions on accounting matters and external reporting matters .
- Review global statutory financial statements for consistency and accuracy.
- Prepare audit committee presentations.
- Perform special projects as needed.