As the Senior Transportation Manager, you will oversee the functions of the Transportation department and provide guidance and direction as needed. You would manage the day to day operations, employee challenges for resolution and be a quick thinker and problem solver. You would set operational goals and lead a team focused on executing a plan to accomplish these goals.
- $70-80k base salary plus bonus
- Two openings: 1st shift/ 2nd shift
- You will lead a team to optimal performance, including tracking key metrics, coaching through performance issues, and maintaining morale.
- You will provide input towards budget creation and own the management of controllable costs within their operation.
- You will build relationships outside of your immediate operation including, but not limited to, warehouse operations, procurement, and representatives of the customer.
- You will oversee functions of driver force, ensure on time dispatch, and ensure all DOT rules and regulations are followed.
- You will be responsible to work with Profit and Loss statements for business evaluation.
- You'll be involved in quarterly mandatory driver safety meetings.
- High School degree or equivalent, college preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Transportation (or related field) and 8 years of applicable leadership experience
- Knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations
- Supervisory and leadership experience to include both analytical and soft skills
- Ability to make decisions with little to no guidance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or sensitive information
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel with all departments