Director of Advanced Manufacturing
Base $190,000 - 210,000
Responsible for the overall strategy, development and execution of advanced technologies for Manufacturing. Primary manufacturing processes focused in the advance development of metal forming, welding, joining of multi-materials, and assembly processes. Development of new & optimization of existing processes through advancements in technology to create competitive advantage through lower costs or differentiated product.
Leadership of Advanced Manufacturing Technology team to:
Strategy / Governance
- Refine key technology strategies, and lead execution; develop next-gen stamping technology, drive step-change process and investment reductions through technology improvements.
- Develop Manufacturing Technology road map 4.0 focused on delivering cost advantage or product differentiation.
- Build and develop the Advanced Technology organization and capabilities to support the company’s growth strategy with specialist capabilities, RFQ input and lead technical communications for the company with internal & external customers.
- Identify & develop new manufacturing technologies to implementation readiness Stays informed on advances in engine testing as well as engine technology development trends.
Support Manufacturing Strategy team to:
- Develop industrialization plans for new projects (quote).
- Development of implementation strategy for new technologies.
- Development for approvals of new investments.
- Development of process targets for key processes.
- Benchmark competitive and supplier actions for input in to tech road map.
- Establish the Advanced Manufacturing Technology organization; capabilities, policies, process, practice, tools and techniques required for the company to achieve their strategic objectives.
- Establish the vision for the company’s Manufacturing Technology management best practice process and align roles and responsibilities with manufacturing operations and project management functions.
- Create an innovation agenda and network of internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish and manage proactive network with universities, engineering service specialists and think tanks to support the company’s innovation agenda.
- Develop cost reduction road map to significantly improve production cost for body and chassis structures, and lower investment for new projects .
- 10-15 years relevant experience
- BS Degree
- MBA Preferred
- Travel 50%