We are looking for a Director of Manufacturing Operations to provide strategic vision, leadership and direction for all manufacturing, supply chain and production control operations to ensure the reliable supply of high quality products to a global customer base. The Director of Manufacturing Operations is responsible for manufacturing assembly, production, manufacturing engineering, material procurement and planning. Responsible for the front end of the manufacturing processes to the delivery of finished goods.
Duties and responsibilities associated with this role include:
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies to meet organizational performance plans and budgets.
- Develop long and short term plans to optimize the current capacity of the company’s manufacturing.
- Infuse “best-in-class” manufacturing disciplines and processes into the operation.
- Establish and implement key performance measures and metrics to monitor progress, drive corrective action, and focus on continuous process improvement (LEAN).
- Utilize sales forecasting, build plans, and material procurement to ensure maximum utilization of the operations and minimize cash requirements.
- Oversee on-going new product transition to production and launch efforts.
- Generate and manage all Manufacturing budgets and capital expenditures.
- Manage supplier quality, subcontracts, outsourcing, purchasing, materials planning and inventory management.
- Establish supply chain objectives aligned with overall business objectives to achieve targeted delivery lead times while minimizing working capital investment.
- Develop a team capable of achieving ambitious business goals while maximizing customer satisfaction.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the manufacturing function.
- Promote ethical practices, integrity and a positive working environment to enable the business to attract, retain, and motivate high performers.
- Perform job duties in a manner that maintains compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Directs an organization's overall supply chain operations, selection of vendors, and distribution of finished goods. Evaluates past performance data to forecast needs and production levels.
- Maintenance and ensure accuracy of data in MRP/ERP system (input and issuance from inventory, labor reporting, startup of RFQ and quoting modules, etc.)
- Manage all aspects of purchasing, production planning and scheduling, inventory, shipping and receiving.
- Design and execute strategies and plans to meet short-term and long-term manufacturing, supply chain management/production control requirements.